Friday, June 15, 2007

Julie B.

(This was a comment posted in response to the Johns Hopkins Newsletter article.)

Thank you for this well researched article. My sister was a part of this religious cult for a little over five years. She is now getting out and I cannot tell you how happy that makes me. I had questions about their ethics from the very beginning, but there was no convincing my sister that this group wasn't good. It all came to a head when the "leaders" told my sister not to enroll in classes in the fall because they were going to marry her off to a 40-year-old pediatrician from New York. They were doing that to keep her in the "ministry." Thankfully, my sister came to her senses and said to herself, "enough is enough." May God have mercy on these people who have skewed His word to fit their fancy. I wish I could remember where this is in the Bible, but here it is anyway, Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is LIBERTY! There is no liberty in UBF.

Julie B.
Illinois