Monday, May 7, 2007

John S. (former New York UBF)

(John S. is the former leader of the New York City chapter of UBF. See also http://rsqubf.info/documents/reform/1989.html.)

[From Leader's Forum at ReformUBF... M. John S.'s Testimony...] In 1992, I left New York UBF and moved to Dallas Texas. To make a long story short, I did not agree with Samuel Lee's leadership because of his political way of handling people in a spiritual world. After reading James Kim's letter, I agreed with him in my heart on every point. When James Kim was expelled from Toledo UBF in an inhumane and non-spiritual manner, I completely lost trust in Samuel Lee as God's servant. Any Christian organization directed by such logic instead of by the principles of the kingdom of God does not please or glorify God. When I did not side with Dr Lee, my relationship with him got into trouble. But I could not stand against my conscience before God. At that time, a quote repeatedly echoed in my heart. "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely." Consequently, I was put under a lot of pressure to display my loyalty to Dr. Lee. He used several missionaries to give directions to me, as he had done with many others who had disobeyed him. Because of his manipulation, my relationship with other missionaries became twisted. I was in deep turmoil wondering whether I should stay or leave.
webmaster
USA - Monday, February 19, 2001 at 14:19:35 (EST)