Monday, May 7, 2007

Teresa & Vinay D. (former Chicago UBF)

[From ReformUBF discussion board]

(See also Joe and Kathy C..)

The reason why I left UBF was because I had lost my FREEDOM. I was no longer free to come, free to leave, free to give, free to worship. Everything I did was out of fear. My husband and I feared Samuel Lee more than God himself. The Joy I had was gone. My marriage almost fell apart while being in UBF, because of the fits of rage that would overcome my husband everytime he came back home from Chicago center. There was no one to turn to. We have been out for almost 5 years. My husband and I went for counseling for one year, which helped us to bring out all the pain and deal with it. My marriage couldn't be any better. We went for counseling at a Christian organization.

All I can say is that: WE ARE FREE IN CHRIST.
Teresa & Vinay D.
USA - Monday, April 02, 2001 at 15:48:25 (EDT)