Sunday, October 21, 2007

Anonymous

(Originally posted in the RSQUBF guestbook in 2004.)

Name: X HAPPY AGAIN MEMBER
Comments: Hi to all who are reading this. I was in UBF for 5 years. They found me in college and after I graduated, I continued the study. Some positive points on UBF - GREAT Bible study [except for the slight problem of brainwashing]. Helped me to repent of my old ways of life and live a new life in Christ Jesus. Great idea to evangelize college students. I like that idea. However, I got deeper and deeper into their brainwashing. That is when I finally realized that I needed to get out. I did not look at this web site, and I had no help from anyone. I decided by myself that it was not right. I was one of those people who had a marriage problem. Well, once I left, I found the most wonderful man I have ever met (truly a blessing from God) and married him. A God fearing man. And we are not sinning by getting married. What we have done is very beautiful. We go to church together and study the Bible together. And we share God's word with other people when the time presents itself. Whats sad is it is very hard for me to do things in life without that small voice in my head that tell me how to do it the UBF way. They aren't completely wrong, but wrong in enough areas to make me want to leave and finally be able to communicate with my friends and family again. And get married to the man I love. I am done with them and hope that for the current members, that what they are doing feels right to them. And I hope for those who are unhappy with UBF, that they can get out of it and be free of those terrible guilt feelings. May the GRACE of JESUS be with each one of you!!