Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Susan (former Toledo UBF)

(Originally posted in the RSQUBF guestbook in 2007.)

Name: Susan
Comments: I am a former UBF member from the Toledo, Ohio chapter. I thank God for rescuing me from the bondage and depravity that existed in this godless cult. I will go so far to call them this because they dismiss the role of the Holy Spirit to work in people's hearts and minds. When you dismiss one person of the trinity, you dismiss God in his entirety. By God's grace, I am now happily married and thriving in a Christian church that truly seeks to further God's kingdom. I am a child of God, saved by his grace alone, and free to share his love with others. Thank you for creating and maintaining a site that ex-members and potential and/or existing members can come to for clarification on what this group believes and the dangers they pose to others.
Friday, February 9th 2007 - 11:44:31 PM


Name: Susan
Comments: I wanted to answer Nick's question about my experience in Toledo. I honestly never heard the leader or anyone else even mention how you come to salvation. When I started attending, I was like the prodigal son who had gone out into the world and realized that I needed to come back to my father's home. Noone ever spoke to me about salvation. But, MUCH emphasis WAS placed on obeying the Leader and the "missionaries"- if they suggest you dress a certain way, not date, not visit with your family for too many days, not see your old friends anymore, etc. then you better obey or you will succomb to the devil by not following their suggestions. Leadership tried to take the place of the Holy Spirit- noone was encouraged to see what God was trying to teach them individually through the sermon message or from God's word itself. Thank you for your inquiry and I pray that you and others who have escaped may be wrapped in God's love and assurance!
Monday, February 26th 2007 - 07:45:14 AM


Name: Susan
Comments: I find it interesting that current UBF members are browsing this site...How can you read these postings and not find it disturbing that SO MANY PEOPLE have been badly wounded by the destructive teachings and manipulations of the UBF church? I just want to say that God loves you and wants you to live in the freedom that only He can offer. I will say this and leave the matter to rest- I have never been so scared as when members of this group hunted me down like an animal, striking terror in the hearts of my family memebers when they called each of them at work asking where I was. They then proceeded to find me at my parents' home. I asked God to give me strength to say the words that needed to be said and for him to protect me from these people. I experienced a true spiritual battle that would scare the pants off of most people. The hate that came from my bible teacher's eyes and those of my roommate would make one's blood run cold. It was as if I sat across from Satan himself. The walls and ceiling of my parents' home started to shift as I boldly spoke the words that the Holy Spirit put in my mouth. It was not by my power, it was all about God and his angels that day. I thank Him for his protection and from wrenching me free from their destructive and false ways. I continue to pray that others will be rescued from this group.
Thursday, March 29th 2007 - 09:57:09 PM