Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Michelle (former Triton UBF)

(Originally posted in the RSQUBF guestbook in 2005.)

Name: Michelle
E-mail address: (withheld)
Comments: I was a member of Triton UBF for 8 years, from 1992-2000, from the age of 16-24 years old. I believe that young people are idealistic and impressionable. I believe that UBF exploits this, and uses it to systematically prevent people from being individuals. I believe that it also inhibits young people from maturing as adults who are well balanced and able to make their own decisions. For 2 days i have been reading things on this website. I am sad to see that not many former members from Triton UBF have spoke up about the totalitatian environment that went on there. Personally, for me, the best medicine has been to not think about this at all. At the age of 24, i was ill prepared to live without the cult. I had been estranged from my family. The members of UBF were all of my friends. I was disgusted when a member told me that i had to move out of the apartment i shared with some "shepherdesses" because i had went to a night club and was exhibiting "unspiritual" behaviour. My name was on the lease! No one has the right to tell someone where to live, who to marry, where to work, where to go to school, what type of job to get, what ones life goal should be! young people should be left to freely make these descisions on their own. It is wrong to have others shun someone because they do not think as the leaders want them too. And equally as sad it is to not EXPOSE the evil deeds of the members! INCLUDING adultery! but NOT LET teenagers and young adults follow their heart and learn to associate with the opposite sex by dating!~ this, among other things, is why i left. Now, i am done with organised religion. It has tainted it for me. I have a lot of nightmares, I am studying the Wiccan religion. I believe that people are free to worship as they please, without fear of condemnation, whether it is the traditional American Christian God, or Gods who have been around for much longer. feel free to email me.