Monday, October 22, 2007

Walt (former Chicago UBF)

(Originally posted in the RSQUBF guestbook in 2005.)

Name: Walt
Comments: In the 30 months or so I was involved with a Chicago UBF chapter I was employed in nearly every imaginable capacity with them - as a Bible student, a testimony sharer, conference messenger, music leader, drama writer/actor, and once a group Bible-study leader. Finally, after about two years, I met Jesus... but not through UBF, it was my local church I'd been attending on Sundays. And once my relationship with God began to flourish outside UBF, He began to convict me that it was time to leave their brand of burdensome manipulation behind and seek Him happily and wholeheartedly through a ministry I could support. I had always kept UBF at arms' length but had refused to read the things I knew were out there on the Internet about them, lest it cloud my judgment. Now that I've had the courage to read them, I'm fascinated and deeply frightened by what had been going on under my nose for so long. Keep up the good work!