Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Black Sheep

(Originally posted in the RSQUBF guestbook in 2006.)

Name: Black Sheep
E-mail address: lisaww7@hotmail.com
Comments: I am writing this not to judge any one who is a ubf member but out of my own heart. I feel sorry for some of the people there. I have a sister who is very actively involved. I know shes a very good person at heart, but I feel she is being burdened by the pressures of other members "brain washing". I went to one of the conf. and they were studing the bible for over 16 hrs a day. and I could not take it so I had to leave the conf. People were very upset that we left for a few hours and they gave us havoc for it. I was just coming as a visitor, but everyone was refering to me as a sheep. Which ironicly should be a great compliment because jesus even in the bible was a sheep ( the lamb of God who takes away our sin) But in their terms a sheep is a baby christian. I know I have a lot of spiritual growing to do In God. But that should be a personal thing. A lot of people in UBF seem like they are boastful about how many bible students (sheep) they have. Encouragement is one thing, but God wants us to be humble before him and others. Please read Matthew ..23.. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. If you want to bring someone to God I pray one does it with a pure heart and for the right reasons..... Matthew 6 verse 2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.