Saturday, October 20, 2007

Anonymous

(Originally posted in the RSQUBF guestbook in 2002.)

Name: J
E-mail address: -
Comments: Hi. Thanks for your website. I think it's ridiculous that women are told that they're going to rot in hell for sleeping with their own husbands! In addition, Christians aren't supposed to threaten people who wish to leave a certain church. The organization seems to endorse loyalty to the UBF instead of loyalty to the Christian community in general. They don't like you hanging out with other fellowships, either! They give you guilt trips if you experience negative emotions or if you don't attend all their meetings. Often these guilt trips are indirect. I could go on and on, but I'll just talk a little bit about my own experience. People seemed to look and act like clones. Sometimes the testimonies seemed like the same testimony over and over. People would take big chunks of the message from Sunday and stick those in their testimonies. This could get a little tiresome when we had 8 or 12 people sharing! People seemed to lack their own thinking. People blindly took the pastor's interpretation of passages instead of asking about the other interpretations they had heard. Hardly anyone questioned. Anyway, pray for the people who are still stuck in the UBF. A lot of under-30s have been totally taken in by the whole system. I could tell you a sad story about an innocent 20-year-old, but I'm afraid I've already taken up a lot of your time. God bless the movement and I'll see how I can get involved.