Wednesday, October 24, 2007

DC (former Washington UBF)

(Originally posted in the RSQUBF guestbook in 2006.)

Name: DC
E-mail address: greenfly7@inorbit.com
Comments: I remember meeting a missionary while University of Maryland in 1991. I engaged him in conversation about scripture and was invited to study with him 1 on 1. I took the invitation and learned that I actually had more than a few friends already involved with UBF. After studying one on one for a while with this missionary Shepherd, I was invited to attend Sunday worship. I already had a home church and made that known, but was told my home church could not offer what UBF had. The pressure to be involved became so intense I ended up writing a letter to that Shepherd telling him: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." He then stopped calling me. He ended up leaving UBF to attend another church. I ran into that missionary one day and he told me that he didn't believe UBF was fulfilling the great commission, so he had to leave. I think within the controlling power some had there, it was easy to become corrupt. Lord Bless UBF. May they find Freddom in Messiah. One Word: "Control Freaks make many into former or "Lost" Sheep. --Washington DC chapter